Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Elizabeth.





If I could capture the essence of any of the many inspirational pictures I've seen, the one above would be it.

As you may or may not remember, I am in the midst of redoing my living room. My mother has given me a blue/white china plate that I simply adore, so I am changing my room from what once was "Old Hollywood Glamour" style, to something a little more ... well, perhaps grown up me?


I am struggling with it though. Because for a room with no "theme" it certainly feels like it.. almost as if I'm trying too hard.. does that make sense? And for those of you that love design as I do.. you must know that is a terrible feeling.. because if it doesn't feel right when putting it together.. it will not feel right ever..

When I had my old Hollywood prints, and my old French ads, it just felt right... perhaps a combination of the two would be good? forget good.. I think it is necessary.. I think perhaps, I am struggling because I may not be able to move on.. to remove my pretty little things I've been in love with for so long.. perhaps a slow "redo" is more suitable than a complete redo..

I am certainly babbling now.. so I will leave you with a few more inspirational images I've found and love..





xx
Jolena

p.s.
This post is titled "Elizabeth" as that is what I have named my chair I am in the midst of upholstering for this room. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Follett said...

I love that you are talking it out to figure out what you should do. I like the idea of mixing your two styles. Can't wait to see what you come up with! I am sure it will be lovely!

Tiina of livingConcept said...

lovely images jolena! the wallpaper is so beautiful!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments and for adding me to your list of favourites.I will be putting you on mine, if I haven't already done so. I keep forgetting !!! I will go onto my blog and put you straight on there.Yours is lovely and it's so nice to see your children. Mine are very grown up now, my son got married this year, so it's nice to be reminded of birthday parties etc.I will probably tell you about my children in future posts. XXXX

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin