Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Come On Baby Light My Fire.





I know it's not the season, but lately I've had our fireplace on my mind.
It's made of stone, even the mantel.

I am constantly rearranging things on the mantel and around it's base. It's absolutely a focal point in the room, with a large round beveled mirror hanging above it, but I have yet to be able to give it the look I want.. Perhaps it's because there are two windows on either side of it? I know they were put there for ventilation when the house was built, but it just doesn't make sense to have them there now...
*This mirror is identical to the one I have.

I would love to turn the entire wall into one large book shelf, but unfortunately, I cannot at this time afford to do that.

I am prepared to buy a screen for the fireplace, but had really hoped to find a more unique alternative..

*I love the mirrored "screen" on this one.

* I have used this photo on my blog a few times. I think it's because it reminds me of my fireplace, the texture.

I think I am going to do a search for fireplace screens. After seeing the mirrored one above, I am certain I will find one that I like. I had this idea in my head that settling for a fireplace screen meant having one of the brass and wire numbers like you see in so many homes with the matching brushes, etc.
I am now on a mission. LOL Project rockin' fireplace screen. ;) Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!
xx
Jolena

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin